Sunday, March 1, 2009

Men are such babies…

The worst finally happened. Dirk has a COLD. You would think the man is dying! He has a cough that does sound pretty yucky. But it is a COLD! He came home from doing some things on Saturday morning and went right to the couch. I had a Tupperware party to attend (oh joy) and when I got home like 3 hours later there he was still on the couch. Whining about how he was hungry, but didn’t want anything “heavy”. We have no soup in can that he was willing to eat. I ended up making the man homemade chicken noodle soup, pouring his glass after glass of juice, and adjusting the heat over and over to suit his whims. Why am I doing this you might ask. Because it is so much easier to just do it than let him keep whining!! Now, it really wouldn’t bother me if I received the same treatment when I am sick. But oh no. When I had a small out patient surgery I came home and made dinner! I often hear “suck it up”. He gets to cry around of two days and do little else. At one point I said something about his needing to remember this when I am sick. Later he said, “you realize you’ll never get this back don’t you?”. Oh I could have poured the soup on his head, but he already ate it.

My mom and I went out to run some errands and I got some extra strength cough medicine that is for night time. My mom noticed and reminded me that Dirk doesn’t like to take drowsy medicine because he doesn’t like “medicine head”. I offered that she go take care of him if I can’t knock him out. He is much easier to deal with when he is sleeping it off in the bedroom. Where is he now? Sound asleep since about 9 last night! Thank you Nyquil.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Ha ha! That is so funny and I agree completely about not getting the attention/care reciprocated. Hopefully he gets better soon so you can quit hearing him whine!

Super Mom said...

Oh gawd. A sick man is the WORST thing EVER.

And is there such a thing as a man who takes care of you when you are sick? I can be throwing up all over the house, and still get the "So what are you making for dinner?" question...

Ummm... "deep fried A$$hole husband, if you don't shut the hell up and go to McDonalds so I can take a freakin' nap...."

Brooke said...

Thank you Kendrasue, he is better and was acually poking fun of himself for how he behaved. When he started cracking jokes and being annoying, I knew he was better!

You are too funny, SuperMom! I'm glad to know it's not just me!!