Friday, May 22, 2009

Eavesdropping

I realize it’s been awhile since I have posted anything, but I guess I just haven’t had anything say. Imagine that?!

Anyway, I was eavesdropping today and heard a conversation that I just had to share. These two men were sitting in a restaurant (no this isn’t a joke) and talking about how they BOTH lost their divers license for a year. They BOTH lost it for drinking and driving. Now, there aren’t a lot of things I am really against people doing, but drinking and driving is one of them. These two men were going on and on in the booth next to me talking about how it was not their fault! You can see why I had to keep listening to find out just who’s fault they thought it was. Well, nobody ever said. But they both agreed that the thing they got pulled over for had nothing to do with all the drinking they had done. One guy had crashed his motorcycle and felt pretty strongly that this was someone else’s fault and had nothing to do with the fact that he was drunk, driving a motorcycle, and had only one good eye and one glass-eye. The same guy said that he was planning to drive AGAIN THIS TIME. Apparently, he had lost his license not once before, but twice before. He had also been caught for drinking and driving twice in between and had been let off. He was fighting this DUI too and was planning to keep driving because he was not going to let the government tell him what to do. Both men went on and about how unfair this was. I was sitting there silently telling myself not to get involved, these people were not talking to me. I actually had to get up and leave after the man said something like if everyone would just ignore the punishment after losing their license for drinking and driving the courts would stop doing this! I knew I had to leave before I got myself into a fight with two grown men!

No comments: