Sunday, April 12, 2009

deep thoughts

I have this habit of checking out the trashy mags while waiting in the check out line. I noticed the other day that Jennifer Gardner, who I love, said something like "I am so married. Nobody will ever flirt with me again". It struck me. I never thought of some beautiful person who is married to some other beautiful person as feeling that way too. I often think about being married, forever. That's a long time! Don't get me wrong, I love my husband. I couldn't have picked better. But don't you sometimes think man, I will never have another first date or first kiss? I will never have those butterflies in my belly about someone new again. That's kind of sad. It certainly makes me feel old!! I try to remember that I also will never have a boyfriend cheating with my "best friend" or a valentines day without someone to share it with. I have traded in superficial relationships for someone who really cares and knows more about me than I do. But really, that doesn't stop me from being sad about ever having this big romantic encounter! OHHH.... I know, a little deep for Easter Sunday when I should be very thankful for all the wonderful things in my life. Maybe it's all the ham and candy! I should take a nap like everyone else : )

No comments: